After obtaining a Mat Level 1 certificate you can continue with the Mat Level 2 course. You build up your own Pilates level to intermediate and learn to integrate these intermediate exercises into the beginners mat classes of Level 1. We further develop your teaching style and work on deepening your knowledge of lesson structure and exercise analysis. The goal of the course is to learn how to teach on the different levels (1 and 2) and how to adapt the exercises and/or the lesson to the level of the different types of clients.
- having passed the Mat Level 1 exam
- or be in possession of a certificate from another Pilates training course
Reading the following books is part of the theoretical part of the course:
- Pilates Anatomy, Rael Isacowitz & Karen Clippinger
- Anatomy of Movement, Blandine Calais-Germain
- Pilates Body in Motion, Alycea Ungaro
- The Pilates Body, Brooke Siler
- Return to Live, J Pilates
(purchase of these books is at the expense of the student).
The practical part of the course consists of 16 class hours spread over 3 teaching days.
The next MAT level 2 training courses will take place on:
- Friday November 25, 2022 - from 4pm to 8pm
- Saturday November 26, 2022 - from 1:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday November 27, 2022 - from 10am to 5pm
This will be followed by a 55h internship period consisting of:
- 25h own pilates training (mat and/or private lessons - these lessons are not included in the course price)
- 10 lessons of observation/assistance together with the trainer
- 20h teaching
After completion of the training period there is a final exam consisting of:
- a full intermediate mat class for beginners
- a written theoretical exam
The MAT level 2 training days and internship lessons will take place in Antwerp at the Pilates Works studio.
- Early bird price: 800€ (registration paid before November 1, 2022 - incl 21% VAT)
- 900€ (registration paid after November 1, 2022 - incl 21% VAT)
Bank details: Pilates Works bvba / IBAN: BE09 3630 7586 5457 / BIC: BBRUBEBB / Thaliastraat 84, 2600 Berchem
Subscribe or contact us
To register or request further information, please use the contact form or send us an email at email@example.com .